Friday, March 31, 2006

We Media: The Personal Media Revolution

This winter, I took advantage of one of the perks of working at Carleton and decided to dive head first into something I'd been consciously avoiding for a few years (cause I knew I'd get sucked in). I enrolled in We Media: The Personal Media Revolution with Prof. John Schott. To my delight, my fear was realized. I was completely drawn into the v/blogosphere and all things new and we media (that's when I started digImashaghen). There is a lot of cool stuff going on and new things are popping up every day.

Chuck Olsen featured John talking about We Media @ Carleton on today's Minnesota Stories. "I sometimes take for granted how easily anybody can create and distribute words, sounds, and images across the globe. It's no doubt transforming the way we live and the way we learn..."

Paul Schmelzer from The Walker Art Center's Off Center blog also put up a spot about this class today. "Personal media engulfs us, from our cellphones and blogs to iPods and ever-present wifi, but some Carleton College students are diving in even deeper..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home