Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Eiler Henrickson: A Gentleman of Great Magnitude


Carleton College Geology makes Minnesota history with Eiler Henrickson: A Gentleman of Great Magnitude, a new short documentary about the life of Eiler Henrickson that screened on October 8, 2006, at the Minnesota Historical Society's Minnesota’s Greatest Generation Film Initiative Moving Pictures Film Festival.

If you couldn't make it to the Minnesota History Center on October 8, 2006, you can still watch Eiler Henrickson: A Gentleman of Great Magnitude. This short documentary screened with more than 30 others at the Minnesota Historical Society's Minnesota's Greatest Generation Film Initiative Moving Pictures Film Festival. It will also travel with a collection of other movies from the festival to screen around the state.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Eiler was my uncle (mom's oldest brother) and my name sake (my middle name is Eiler).
This is the first time I have seen this video presentation and I want to thank you for doing such a fine job.
Eiler quietly passed away this morning at the age of 89. He truly was "A Gentleman of Great Magnitude".
Eiler you will be missed.
Your nephew,
David Eiler Fox

December 10, 2009 5:26 PM  
Blogger Leigh19 said...

As Eiler's loving niece, I truly appreciated your excellent videography of Uncle Eiler and his work. Eiler had a profound influence on my life. His gentle ways and scholarly attitude, combined with a zest for life and passion for learning directly impacted me. Growing up and listening to his stories and looking at his photo albums made me want to experience life in much the same way that he did. I have lived in Guam, England, Alaska, Wales, and now Japan. I became an educator and for my first Bachelor's degree, minored in Earth Science. I learned today that my dear uncle Eiler passed on and my brother David emailed me this website address. Thank you for making the loss of this great man and beloved uncle a bit easier. Eiler, I know you'll be leading expeditions somewhere and those who follow your kind and learned guidance will benefit.
Love always from your niece,
Leigh Fox in Misawa, Japan

December 11, 2009 12:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am another niece of Eiler's and am extremely honored to have personally known and loved him. I learned of your tribute video several years ago and have shared this video with several friends and colleagues as a model for quiet strength, perseverance and a willingness to never stop learning.

Very few people leave this world better than when they arrived. Eiler's work throughout his life has left his mark on all of our futures and I am truly proud to have been blessed to have been a part of his family.

We are all saddened today because of our loss.
Cindy Seletos, Tarpon Springs, FL

December 11, 2009 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home